I love what Eckhart Tolle said, "You are never more essentially, more deeply, yourself than when you are still." I take the quiet moment to reflect upon the journey of my life, which has a significant change in my potential for personal transformation and professional achievement.
I can still recall the feeling when I started the journey to create the new story of my life. There were pressure and nervousness back then. It was a limitation that obstructed me to live life fully and meaningful. I didn't want to admit the truth that I was the one who destined my life. I imposed the limitation on myself that blocked me to become who I wanted to be and lived my life the way I wanted to live. I was struggling and felt stuck.
When I looked back and reflected upon the journey I had been through, I find valuable insights that bring my understanding to the next level. It likes a dead tree that has been patiently nurturing to bring back to life. I think of myself as that dead tree that luckily comes alive with gentle care and dedication. The tree grows and flourishes to become a big tree that becomes a shelter for people there. We all have a story to tell because life is a journey, not a destination. It is a journey that we learn to grow, evolve, and thrive along the path of life.
It's not easy to see when things go wrong and get tough. I usually use the same old way to get through by having instant gratification from material possession. It doesn't make me fulfill. Then I finally realize that there is another path to happiness, which is through my personal growth and transformation. It brings a significant impact on my life. When I change from within, my world changes. Now I live my life, so I don't just let life lives me. It is not easy at the beginning, but it is worthwhile and fulfilling after all.
There are 9 things I learned and discovered along the transformational journey from limitation to thrive. Here they are:
1. A limitation is self-imposed. It is a limiting belief from disempowering thought. I have a choice to be stuck or break free. I chose the path of personal development, and this is a way for my transformation to take place.
2. Change is inevitable! But change for a better start with an intention and purpose with direction. Take action to make it happens. The lasting change is not coming by accident but by design.
3. Opportunity is everywhere. Who sees it, takes it, and utilizes it could turn their life into a new direction. There is no right time only just in time to make it right!
4. Transformation is a process. The development is spiral and non-linear. Be kind to yourself and be patient with the process. It unfolds naturally. It comes when we least expected.
5. Self-awareness is vital for personal development. It is essential to cultivate for personal success and happiness. This is quality of most admired leaders have.
6. Energy is transferable. What we give is what we get. Practicing self-care is essential for physical, emotional, and mental well-being. Start simple self-care practices to produce positivity and healthy relationship with yourself and others.
7. Learn from the experts in the field and hire mentors & coaches to be your partner. It helps to shorten the period of struggling and pave the way into new understandings and insights for sustainable success and happiness.
8. The community of like-mind people is essential when pursuing the transformational journey to thrive. We share the knowledge, thoughts, learnings, and insights or even the struggle we face along the way. That's what friends on the path are for one another.
9. To thrive from inside-out is to live life... in fear to feel the fear and do it anyway, from limitation to limitless, noisy to silence, loneliness to solitude, mind to heart, struggle to challenge, static to development and transformation.... and live life wholeheartedly.
The purpose of life is to live life with purpose. JUST ALLOWING IT! The magic will unfold.