I love what Eckhart Tolle said, "You are never more essentially, more deeply, yourself than when you are still." I take the quiet moment to reflect upon the journey of my life, which has a significant change in my potential for personal transformation and professional achievement.
I can still recall the feeling when I started the journey to create the new story of my life. There were pressure and nervousness back then. It was a limitation that obstructed me to live life fully and meaningful. I didn't want to admit the truth that I was the one who destined my life. I imposed the limitation on myself that blocked me to become who I wanted to be and lived my life the way I wanted to live. I was struggling and felt stuck.
When I looked back and reflected upon the journey I had been through, I find valuable insights that bring my understanding to the next level. It likes a dead tree that has been patiently nurturing to bring back to life. I think of myself as that dead tree that luckily comes alive with gentle care and dedication. The tree grows and flourishes to become a big tree that becomes a shelter for people there. We all have a story to tell because life is a journey, not a destination. It is a journey that we learn to grow, evolve, and thrive along the path of life.
It's not easy to see when things go wrong and get tough. I usually use the same old way to get through by having instant gratification from material possession. It doesn't make me fulfill. Then I finally realize that there is another path to happiness, which is through my personal growth and transformation. It brings a significant impact on my life. When I change from within, my world changes. Now I live my life, so I don't just let life lives me. It is not easy at the beginning, but it is worthwhile and fulfilling after all.
There are 9 things I learned and discovered along the transformational journey from limitation to thrive. Here they are:
1. A limitation is self-imposed. It is a limiting belief from disempowering thought. I have a choice to be stuck or break free. I chose the path of personal development, and this is a way for my transformation to take place.
2. Change is inevitable! But change for a better start with an intention and purpose with direction. Take action to make it happens. The lasting change is not coming by accident but by design.
3. Opportunity is everywhere. Who sees it, takes it, and utilizes it could turn their life into a new direction. There is no right time only just in time to make it right!
4. Transformation is a process. The development is spiral and non-linear. Be kind to yourself and be patient with the process. It unfolds naturally. It comes when we least expected.
5. Self-awareness is vital for personal development. It is essential to cultivate for personal success and happiness. This is quality of most admired leaders have.
6. Energy is transferable. What we give is what we get. Practicing self-care is essential for physical, emotional, and mental well-being. Start simple self-care practices to produce positivity and healthy relationship with yourself and others.
7. Learn from the experts in the field and hire mentors & coaches to be your partner. It helps to shorten the period of struggling and pave the way into new understandings and insights for sustainable success and happiness.
8. The community of like-mind people is essential when pursuing the transformational journey to thrive. We share the knowledge, thoughts, learnings, and insights or even the struggle we face along the way. That's what friends on the path are for one another.
9. To thrive from inside-out is to live life... in fear to feel the fear and do it anyway, from limitation to limitless, noisy to silence, loneliness to solitude, mind to heart, struggle to challenge, static to development and transformation.... and live life wholeheartedly.
The purpose of life is to live life with purpose. JUST ALLOWING IT! The magic will unfold.
Struggle is a choice!!!
What do I learn and take away from it?
Struggle means "to experience difficulty and make a very great effort to do something". Yeah! That's what I am doing in searching to find the way out of struggle. When I resist, it's getting worse. I struggle more and it persists in my life. That's the funny Heh!.
Almost 9 years now, I put a great deal of effort and investment in learning and development for my personal growth and spiritual development. At the beginning, my intention was to search for the way to handle my setbacks, discover my potential to breakthrough the limitations and shift my life for the better. But I discovered after the years past that I am the one who imposes those limitations on myself and the challenges constantly showed up which often made me struggling. After understanding about Neuroscience and how the brain works, I realize that I am the one who creates my destiny. I hardwire my brain for struggling and believing that I am not good enough and constantly strive for perfection. This is hard for one human being that always being hit by the false belief to strive for perfection and value compliment and recognition from others. That's HARD, right?
The truth now is I am still struggling from time to time. But the difference is I am not always a victim of my circumstances. The insight I have from several years of my inner work is I feel comfort to indulge into the victimhood even I don't want it in my life. It's painful but I get used to it. By getting used to, I am tolerated to be struggling. This realization hits me on my head and down to my heart.
The wisdom is I don't have the intention to struggle but I feel comfort to be struggling. Struggling makes me feel that I am existing. But who want to exist this way. Do You?
Without self-awareness, I will complain, blame, judge myself and/or others, be resentful, guilty, frustrated about the situations and even carried the negative energy around which is unhealthy to my body, mind and spirit. I easily trigger as my mood swings with a burden on my shoulder. With self-awareness, I come back to myself observing my thought, practicing the learning from my inner work and continuing to learn and understand myself more in order to shift from inside-out. For sure, what I focus on expands. I discover the wisdom from struggling. But SORRY! I can not show you how it happened. As human begins, we continue to grow and evolve our consciousness from lesson to lesson in our life. Anyway, I can guarantee you that IT WILL BE BETTER ALONG THE JOURNEY OF LIFE!
As said, LIFE IS A JOURNEY NOT A DESTINATION! I am truly grateful and not hesitated that every lesson and challenge counts and it greatly supports me along the way. To make it short, one trick I discover from the coaching session with my coach (Leon VaderPol, www.centerfortransformationalcoaching.com) is ATTACHMENT makes life struggling. I attach to the beliefs that I need to be good enough and perfect. I attach to the outcome not the process. Even I don't want to struggle, I attach to the feelings and uneasiness while I am struggling. For sure, what I mention I don't want it to happen in my life.
From the quick video that Leon sent, I want to share with all of you as it's thought-provoking for me. I learn the trick and it's an easy way to fast track the unserving patterns of my mind. The trick is JUST STOP IT! STOP STRUGGLING! That’s why I have a CHOICE. This is my FREE WILL and it's a matter of choice whether to continue struggling or just stop it!
Transformation is the process. I believe human beings have the potential to transform and thrive. Connecting and Thriving together through